Featured Art Update

The Featured Art page has been updated to feature a new piece. Take a look to see the selected work, and follow the links there to explore more. Or read below for a bit more info.

The selected work is from September of 2014, Beach Day in Cromwell. Another of the more ambitious projects I've planned, its intended to be a sprawling piece featuring nearly a dozen characters together on a beach. 

The setting of the piece is a beach on the planet Neo Nemesis on July 25 in the Cromwell Universe, a date roughly equivalent to when Christmas falls on Earth. Not normally celebrated on Neo Nemesis, Drusilla has recently acknowledged it as a national holiday. She is celebrating with her family and a couple friends. 

This specific image is fully original, and this being the first time I used that specific hairstyle on her. It's the same hairstyle I use for her Monster Girl Kali image about a year later. 

An accompanying piece, a part of the overall project, was done in September of last year, featuring Drusilla's eldest child, Cornelia. For the purpose of this project, there are 9 more siblings, plus Yugi, and at least one acquaintance of Yugi and Drusilla who will be part of the piece. Clearly, that makes this a big project. Unfortunately I've only made a limited amount of progress to that end. 

It is one of my favorite works. I don't do much work with my characters showing so much skin - in fact I think the Beach Day set is the only one like it. I've noted many times by now how much I like working with Drusilla in general too, so there is that aspect as well. Hopefully rediscovering this piece will add to your appreciation of her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Vagabond Ras Skin – Why It’s Not a Spec Change, and Why Meru Is Different