Kyuubi-Hime 2

Hey everyone, it's been a while!
I haven't been very active on this blog at all. In fact, the last post is from Christmas. Wish I could say that was going to change soon, but it honestly isn't likely to.

Nevertheless, I am here today, with a brand new project to share. The title gives it away; a second version of the Kyuubi-Hime project from a couple years ago.

In terms of supernatural and mythical creatures, my top two have always been Dragons and Nine-Tailed Foxes. To me, they are the definition of supernatural elegance and power. Sadly, I can't keep either as a pet...

As it pertains to Hime of the Two-Six, I mentioned with the original project that it was a bit of a winding road to get to where Hime has the kyuubi as her animal familiar. Given Code Geass features only one animal throughout the series - the black cat, Arthur - and that Euphemia's own attire more evokes thoughts of birds due to the feather theme it often uses, fox is not exactly the most readily considerable option. But, it suits her anyway.

Unlike the version two iteration of Anzu's Draco Form, there was no imperative here to make Hime more beastly in appearance than the first project did. My only thought, really, was that the first project was ill-suited for displaying what she really looked like. Because of the way she was posing, the domination of the foreground by her tails, you didn't get a very good view of "the whole picture" of her as this inari-human hybrid. The fact this one is in color helps a lot too.

I kept the staple aspects of any fox-girl image; the tails and the ears. I also elongated and blackened her nails, to more resemble a fox's. I didn't go ridiculous long on the nails, as foxes aren't known for having particularly long nails. 

Much like the original project, Hime ins't one to demonstrate an overly expressive degree of body language. By which I mean she isn't going to be jumping around or in an overly dynamic pose. She's more likely to be composed, a tad demure, collected. Her images, at least conceptually in my mind, will tend to be more like a model posing for the camera at most, not like to be some action shot caught while she's doing whatever. in that regard, having her sitting, her nine tails curled out around her, is more in keeping with that idea, more so than even the original project.

Her outfit is based on the one Euphie wears on the cover of the second volume of the Nightmare of Nunally manga (the version of Euphie that arguably most influences my Hime of the Two-Six). Where the cover image was unclear about design elements of the dress - mainly the shoulders - I used Euphie's dress as sub-viceroy from the anime to fill in the gaps, as they are mostly the same outfit. I also used the anime version of the dress in terms of color selection. 

I went with red for her hair color as an announcement of the decision that red is going to be the color of her "crown." The idea comes from Anzushiro's epithet as "Goddess of the Snow-White Crown" in First Moon. The title refers to the fact that when fully awakened as one of the Two-Six, her "crown," or hair, is the white of fresh snow. Hime's epithet comes from her Geass infamy in the Area 11 massacre, and in my story from her personal unit being based on Gundam Seed's ZAFT red elites. 

The wind-swept flow of her ponytail sort of blends with her tails just a bit, a somewhat ironic outcome as I chose the ponytail over the twin-tails precisely to avoid having her hair interfere with the view of her tail too much. The tips of her tails are each dipped in chocolate/black, as are the tips of her fox ears. For her eyes, I used a picture of a red fox's eyes to choose the coloration. The sclera is pigmented orange, with the iris going from one ring of dark orange, to another ring of even darker orange. The only deviation from a fox's eye is that I made the pupil white instead of black, or colored to match the iris as many anime tend to do nowadays. This is another mark of the fully awakened Two-Six. 


The choice of a twilight sky comes from the story where she debuts as one of the Two-Six, First Star Saga. In the story, she is one of a pair of twin kyuubis. She eventually gets into a conflict with her sister, at which point she gains the title of "Queen of the Starry Night" opposite her sister's "Queen of the Starless Night." 

This is the first of three Hime projects I've been working on since late 2017, early 2018. I don't know that I'll be able to share the others very soon, but I hope to. I've got one that is pretty far along, so hopefully when I get vacation I can work on that one and finish it up. I also really want to get another "Beach Day In Cromwell" work done this year, so I'll be angling for that too. Hopefully that doesn't mean it will be another 4 months before I'm back here again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Vagabond Ras Skin – Why It’s Not a Spec Change, and Why Meru Is Different