Beach Day In Cromwell

This weekend is the official final end of summer. I was going to hold off on this one for a few more months, but let's get an early beta release anyway. One more art piece for the month.
This art piece was started in mid to late June. At the time I wanted to get it finished in time for July 25, Christmas in July. The idea was for a Christmas themed beach day, with Drusilla, Yugi, and a couple guests, all together on the beach enjoying some time together on the not-quite-a-holiday, holiday.

This is an original image, not a reinterpretation of some other work like my last one was. Again here I experimented with a slightly different hairstyle than usual for her. This time instead of twin tails, or a ponytail, or a fanned ponytail, or just buns, I gave her a braid. Given the inability to see that too well, it probably doesn't mean much to most, but I appreciate details, and try to work on making the details work. I do need to work on my execution on details, of course, but as I said, this is still pretty much a beta version - not fully completed by any real stretch. 

The thing on her thigh is basically a phone. Can't recall which sci-fi story it was specifically, but it's probably been done a number of times; a device only a little larger than a pen that splits in two length-wise to unveil a translucent film that acts as a video screen. Yeah, I'll admit that's a little heavy on the details. It came out looking a little odd, sort of like her leg is false or she's a robot or something like that. Kinda want to change it, but kinda don't want to either, which is why it's still there despite me sharing this image. 

The bikini for Drusilla is nothing particularly special. I merely went with a design that seemed both elegant and alluring. It will be green in the final version. That is a bucket with a bottle of champagne in it, for later. Stipulating that doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now, again because there is a larger scene for the final version.

That's really all the detail that I can think of to elaborate on for now. Look forward to the completed "holiday" version. As usual this will be on DeviantArt at some point (and my Facebook page). However, due to events and what not, I won't be able to get that up until around 5PM EDT or so. Maybe a little earlier if I can get through with other business. For now, enjoy this beta release, Beach Day In Cromwell.

UPDATE: So, life got in the way a lot more than expected, but I have placed the image in all its glory on DeviantArt. I'm not sure if I'll be putting this one on Minitokyo... might wait until the coloring/shading is all done. Again, enjoy the last weekend of summer 2014. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Vagabond Ras Skin – Why It’s Not a Spec Change, and Why Meru Is Different